What is a dietitian?
Registered dietitians are qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition problems.
Choosing the right person to seek nutrition or dietary advice from can be confusing. Many people claim to be experts in nutrition yet have very limited knowledge and offer no protection to the public. Dietitians are very often referred to as the ‘Gold Standard’ when it comes to nutrition professionals. Dietitians interpret the science of nutrition to improve health and treat diseases and conditions by educating and giving practical advice to clients. They are the only nutrition professionals in the UK to hold a legally recognised graduate qualification in nutrition and dietetics.
Dietitian services we offer:
Lisa draws on a wealth of experience gained from over 15 years of practice. Lisa uses the latest scientific evidence and offers high quality advice. Lisa can help work through the fiction and the facts to find what works for each individual. She can help with all aspects of diet and nutrition and takes a ‘whole person’ approach. Lisa provides an initial consultation including a full in depth assessment and personal goals to fit into each person’s individual circumstances and lifestyle in order to help success
Lisa offers advice either to improve health and well-being through diet and provides advice to clients seeking to manage diet-related medical conditions such as:
- Weight management
- Digestive Health
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Low FODMAP for IBS and functional gastrointestinal disorders
- Food and mood
- Overcoming emotional and comfort eating
- Women’s health such as Polycystic ovary syndrome and menopause
- Eating for overall improved health and energy
- Eating for a healthy heart
- Diabetes/pre-diabetes/Impaired glucose tolerance
- Reducing high blood pressure, Cholesterol lowering
- Mindful Eating
- Many other aspects of diet such as achieving a balanced diet and vegetarian diets.
Initial consultation from – £65
1 hour follow up appointment – £60