1 chicken – spatchcocked
2 cups of whole-wheat couscous
3 cups of chicken stock
3 handfuls of rocket
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic bulbs
20 cherry tomatoes
Drizzle of balsamic glaze
1. Cook halved tomatoes for 2.5 hrs in oven at 100◦C – prepare ahead (up to a day before)
2. Put chicken in a tray with halved and squeezed lemons. Cut garlic bulbs through the middle and leave in the skin, put around the chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Roast in an oven at 180◦C for around 45mins/1hr depending on weight.
4. Remove chicken keep warm, add couscous to tray with stock, mix and cover allow 5 mins for couscous to swell.
5. Once couscous ready mix rocket into tray until wilted.
6. Carve chicken then serve, spoon couscous and rocket mix onto plate, top with chicken, sprinkle tomatoes and drizzle glaze.
This really simple but tasty recipe, is healthy and full of goodness.
Inspirational recipe brought to you by our Personal Trainer, Katie Brighton-Jones