The sun has two different types of UV rays. The majority of available sunscreens concentrate on preventing UVB rays. These sunscreens with the sun protection factor (SPF), protect against that red painful burnt skin. This may give us a false sense of security, because the skin doesn’t become as red as it would without sunscreen.
There is another harmful ray called UVA which penetrates into the 2nd layer of skin (dermis), the skins thickest layer, and damages the DNA, which in turn leads to wrinkles and skin cancers. Melanoma is now the second biggest killer cancer.
Exposure to UVA rays can be restricted by using a broad spectrum sunscreen, which protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
How can I protect my skin?
The basic rule…..PROTECT
1. Wear long sleeves a hat and stay out of the sun especially between 12-3
2. Wear sunscreen daily even in the winter months
3. Reapply a sunscreen regularly depending on exposure
4. Use a reflective based natural sunscreen as chemical sunscreens can be absorbed into the bloodstream rapidly
5. Do not sunbath, as when your skin goes brown the DNA and dermal cells are damaged.
Sunscreens nowadays can be:
1. Environmentally friendly -Reflective sunscreen
2. Tinted – so you don’t have to use a foundation
3. Contain natural ingredients
4. Safe to use – non-toxic free from oxybenzone
5. Easy to reapply- user friendly size and easy applicators
Alumier MD was developed by a global team of scientists, dermatologists and leading industry professionals. It has optimised the bioavailability of each molecule in its ingredients used, resulting in scientific formulations delivering exceptional results.
The sunscreens are chemical free with tints to suit any skin tone. Alumier MD provides 3 tints and a versatile colourless sunscreen. The reflective sunscreen uses natural ingredients to prevent sun from penetrating the skin once applied.
Alumier MD is only available through a medical professional and products are specifically chosen to suit your skin.
Alumier MD provides a range of skincare products to aid aging, AlumierMD develops scientific formulations using innovative ingredients at optimal levels within advanced delivery systems to address: Aging, Acne, Fine lines and Pigmentation
Please Contact Helen Cleland at the Regency Clinic for further information: